News spread when Abercrombie & Fitchs’s CEO Mike Jefferies said outright that he didn’t want “fat people” in his clothes. They refuse to sell sizes larger than a 10 because they only want “cool, good-looking people” to represent their brand.
Some of her best lines include:
- “Now they have a double zero. There’s a double zero! What are we aspiring to? ‘Honey, do these jeans make my butt look invisible?'”
- “Beauty isn’t between a size zero and a size eight. It is not a number at all. It is not physical.”
- “What you look like on the outside is not what makes you cool — at all. I had a mullet and I wore parachute pants for a long, long time. And I’m doin’ OK.”
Ellen is not the only celebrity to speak out against Jefferies. Kirstie Alley recently took to Twitter to show her disgust of what was happening.
- “Dear CEO of Abercrombie & Fitch…you are not cute and your head is HUGE. You need to stop wearing A&F clothing…just not attractive enough.”
- “Dear CEO of Abercrombie & Fitch, arent you the same douche frog that ok’d THONGS for six y/o girls??”
Check out Ellen’s take on Abercrombie below: